Stained teeth – When your dental hygiene visit or teeth whitening does not resolve your cosmetic issues, dental veneers can turn stained, discolored teeth into the smile you have always coveted.
Chipped or broken teeth – In lieu of more extensive dental work, veneers can cover problems evening out chipped or misshapen teeth.
Uneven or unwanted spaces in teeth – Veneers can seem to close gaps or make teeth appear symmetrical in just a couple of visits with your cosmetic dentist.
Gum recession – This may not affect all of your teeth; and the beauty of veneers is that you only need to treat the teeth requiring care. The material most veneers are made from adapts well to gum tissue making them comfortable and easy to adjust to.
Veneers are mostly made from porcelain, a stain resistant material. And although these porcelain covers may strengthen weakened teeth, veneers are not indestructible. Your dentist should advise you of things you should not attempt with your veneers (or untreated teeth either!).
- Do not bite fingernails – this is not only unsanitary, it is destructive to dental health.
- Do not use teeth to open packages – use a knife or scissors to prevent breaking a tooth or dislodging a veneer.
- Do not bite directly into foods that are hard, chewy, or crunchy – use a knife and fork to consume foods that may be too hazardous for veneers.
- Although stain resistant, always brush or rinse following consumption of coffee, tea, red wine, berries … anything with the ability to stain your dental enamel may discolor your veneers.
- If a veneer does break or become dislodged, your cosmetic dentist may need to fabricate a new one – veneers are generally not repairable.
- Veneers are permanent – Have a frank discussion with your dental provider to learn all the facts about dental veneers. Since most veneers are permanently placed, work with your cosmetic dentist closely on the shape, size, and shading of your desired outcome.
- If teeth whitening is desired for untreated teeth, complete this first so your veneers will be made to match your newly whitened teeth.
The finished product will be a smile makeover to enjoy. To schedule your professional consultation, contact our skilled team at 972-264-5795 today!