A smile can reveal much about a person. A big bright smile exudes self-confidence, but for many the condition of their teeth may inhibit offering a big smile. Everyone desires straight, white teeth and thanks to dental veneers that new smile is possible.
A consultation with your cosmetic dentist will provide information to treat and repair many dental imperfections.
Veneers Can Enhance Imperfections
- Stained teeth – Teeth can become stained for many reasons. Some medications can stain the teeth. Coffee, tea, wine and soda stain; smoking and tobacco use stain; advanced age can result in a dulling of dental enamel that results in drab teeth coloration.
- Wear and tear – Teeth can become worn down and appear uneven over time.
- Chipped teeth – It is not uncommon for a tooth to break or chip and this small malady can produce the urge to stop smiling.
- Occlusion – When the bite is not correct, this might result in crooked teeth.
- Gaps between teeth – Unsightly spaces between teeth appear to close in just a couple of dental visits.
How can one specific treatment be the answer for all of these problems? That’s the beauty of veneers. Veneers are very thin, tooth colored shells that cover dental imperfections. They are made to match the shape and shade of surrounding teeth making them virtually undectable.
You can correct one or several teeth with dental veneers. Your cosmetic dentist will prepare the teeth requiring correction and take dental impressions. The dental lab will fabricate your veneers to the specifications provided.
On the big day, placing the veneers is a relatively simple procedure. A small amount of enamel has been removed from the teeth so that when the veneer is placed the enamel lost is somewhat comparable to the thickness of the veneer.
Your cosmetic dentist will work with the veneers trying them on until they appear perfect. When you and your dentist are satisfied, they will be permanently cemented in place. You now have the perfectly symmetrical smile that you always dreamed about.
To learn more about the benefits of veneers, contact The Dental Place, serving Arlington and surrounding areas, at 972-264-5795 to schedule your consultation.